Sunday, February 3, 2013

Racing for a Purpose


HELP ME by HELPING THEM:  
2013 is going to ROCK!

WHAT: I am dedicating my year of training and racing and participating in the Ironman World Championships in Kona on October 12, 2013 to Ride2Recovery.

WHO: Ride2Recovery (R2R), a 501(c)3 Foundation whose mission is to improve the health and wellness of Healing Heroes from Iraq and Afghanistan through mental and physical rehabilitation programs that feature cycling as the core activity.


I have been involved in R2R events in the past and….these veterans are my heroes and the least I can do is dedicate a few drops of sweat to help them continue to move forward in so many ways.
I know that each one of them has their own story, challenges, struggles and potential to continue to move forward – sometimes we all just need a little tailwind along the way.  Together, lets create some wind!


WHY: I am driven by purpose. Through your donations to R2R- you are helping fuel my fire to train and race to the best of my ability and ensure that we are all doing what we can to help these men and women regain their own purpose through pedaling.

Over 90% of each dollar that you donate goes directly to help Healing Heroes participate in Ride to Recovery.  Past accomplishments through supporting dollars include:

ü  Participation in week long Challenge Rides across the country
ü  Training rides and programs at local Wounded Transition Units and VA Medical Centers
ü  Bicycles to use for training and on the Challenge Rides
ü  Adaptive bikes specially built for those with missing limbs and other severe injuries
ü  Uniforms, helmets, shoes, and other cycling equipment needed for cycling

WHATS IN IT FOR YOU? If you offer your support through a donation, I will add you to my exclusive email list where you will receive weekly sneak peek emails on my own journey to Kona through pictures and videos of all my adventures, highlights of some of the R2R participants and rides, and hopefully some additional motivation for YOU to go accomplish your own goals- we got this!!

Lets give back to those who have given so much to us...Please consider making a donation (any amount will do…) today at the website below.  Please make sure to donate in my name   and add your email so that I can get you on my distribution list and you can see the magic you help make happen throughout the year.




**If you donate via PayPal: Be sure you add my name in the "Notes to Seller" field on the Pay Pal web site so I can get you on my list!



Thanks so much- lets get some butts on the bikes!!  
RIDE ON!
Emily




If you would like to learn more about this worthy organization, go to http://www.ride2recovery.com/. If you believe in helping to heal America's Wounded Warriors as much as I do, please donate what you can. No amount is too small, but the more we help, the more we heal.

No comments:

Post a Comment